Yesterday after sacrament meeting at church, I was standing in the foyer talking with a lady in my ward who is just a couple of years older than I am. Mid conversation, she tells me that I have something on my cheek and she then proceeds to try to wipe it off. She said (and I quote) "You have some dirt on your face but it isn't coming off".
I pulled out my powder compact from my purse to have a look for myself in the mirror. She points and says "right there". I smiled, closed the mirror and politely said "Ummm... that's not dirt. It's an age spot that I've had for a few years now".
I wanted to crawl in a hole and die!
Evidently, I need heavier makeup.
Oh well. I guess I'm not getting any younger.
Here is a VERY unflattering photo I took this morning without any makeup.
Do you like my dirt spot?
I think it kind of looks a little bit like a heart.

I love getting older!
Perhaps she and I should become friends with hers and my lack of taste when it comes to comments. She probably felt really bad too. And yes it looks like a heart. It's a beauty mark that loves you. OWN IT!
ReplyDelete