Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blended families...

For those of you who don't know, Ken has a cat. Actually, WE have a cat. Her name is Sascha and she is 17 years old. Before we were married, Ken's plan was to find a new "home" for the cat. I knew that the "home" would be someplace permanent in the hereafter. Although I have never wanted a cat in my home (litter box, shedding, etc.) I knew that Ken didn't want to get rid of his cat any more than I would have wanted to get rid of Tank. With that in mind, we decided to combine our pets to see if we could all live together in peace and harmony.

Not exactly peaceful or harmonious.

Tank continues to have full reign of the main floor, and Sascha is the primary resident of the basement. The only thing dividing their two worlds is a baby gate at the top of the stairs.

Once in a while, their worlds collide with an array of hissing, swatting, and barking through the slats of the baby gate. Ken thinks it's only a matter of another week or two until the two can dwell together in peace. I, on the other hand, lack the faith. I think their little arrangement of separate floors seems pretty permanent.


Below is a picture of how Ken and I view Tank. Cute and innocent just like this puppy.

Below is how Sascha views Tank. Rabid and ready to eat kitties.


This is how Ken and I view Sascha. Cute and cuddly like this kitten.


This is clearly how Tank views Sascha. Evil and basically a psychopathic killer.


This is what we are hoping for in our home. Tank and Sascha to have love, peace, acceptance, and undying affection for each other.




This is pretty much what we are seeing between the two of them. Not much love and very little affection.



Hopefully at some point our little pet family can be happy and functional. I'm not holding my breath, but at least the two animals are with us, even if they are on separate floors!





2 comments: