Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My handy dandy husband...

Ken and I got a bunch of gift cards to Bed, Bath & Beyond for our wedding. We've been talking about getting a new shower head for the upstairs shower. Last night we went to dinner and then headed over to Bed, Bath & Beyond to check out our options. We decided on a new shower head, a corner storage shelf for the shower, and a foot massager for Ken. Ha ha!

We came home, tore into the boxes, and proceeded to install everything. And yes, we tried tje foot massager. Not exactly my cup of tea. Anyway... Ken and I are both self-admittedly mechanically challenged. I typically call my dad and make him come over whenever I want anything done. But my handsome husband took on the challenge alone!


Below is the bathroom counter, a.k.a. our "tool bench". As a wedding gift, his sisters gave us toolbox with some really great tools in it. We dug into it and got to work!


This is the old shower head we replaced. Kind of small.


All ready for the new shower head.


Ken "consulting" the directions. They weren't written very well so he just figured it out.


Ta-da! Happy day at the Adams house!! Did I mention it has 7 different spray settings?


A true work of art!


We wanted a little more storage room inside the shower.


Voila! Storage problem solved.

Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Adams,
    I am glad to visit your blog today. I was sorely un-updated! You guys look SO great, and that you're lovin' every minute of the married life. Paris looks gorgeous. ---ahhhhh, maybe someday. Glad to check you guys out.
    Loves, KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the bathroom! Terrance and I had to do some serious work on our bathroom when we got here to South Dakota--it looked like a trucker stop bathroom! We got one of those same shower thingys. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Ken!!! Don't you love when they go out of their comfort zone to do something special for you:) I sure do.

    ReplyDelete