Because of my job, I read a lot of children's books. A lot.
First graders love to listen to stories, read stories, and retell stories they've heard. So, I decided to post about my favorite children's books. If you have kids, these books are great (as some of you may already know)! If you don't have kids, you're missing out by not reading them. Hopefully when Ken and I have a child, that child will be submerged in children's literature. It's so important for a child to be read to. Here are some of the books I have that I love! Maybe your local library has them. It's worth checking on... in my opinion.
The book below is one of my all time favorites to read to my first graders.

I love anything by Kevin Henkes!! He has got to be my favorite children's book author of all time, excluding Dr. Seuss of course. These are just a few of his books that are my favorite.




Another popular series among the first graders is Laura Numeroff's "If you give a ____ a ____" books. They're really fun!



How can you go wrong with Dr. Seuss?

The movie kind of ruined the book for my students. The book is much, much better.


Halloween is next month!
Room on the Broom is my most favorite Halloween story.
Not scary at all but the kids love it... and so do I!

The Widow's Broom by Chris Van Allsburg (same author who wrote The Polar Express) is a little dark. I read it to my students each year though. It's a favorite of mine as well.

My favorite Dav Pilkey book just happens to be a Thanksgiving story.
A very, very cute book based on the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas poem.

A fun Thanksgiving story about all of the relatives getting together for Thanksgiving, eating, napping, visiting, and then going home. A really cute story.

Happy reading!






















Wow!!! What a great blog post. It appears that I need to save up, since the only books I have on your list are the If you give a _____a ____ books and Where the Wild Things are......
ReplyDeleteThank you For Sharing! I Love Love Love children's Books! I want to go to the library right now. Thank you Kristina
ReplyDeleteThank you Kristina! I love children's books and want to get to know the classic books. Thank you again!
ReplyDelete