Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 1 - A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was.

I took this photo of myself today.


I was sitting in my car waiting for Ken to come out of a managers meeting he had at work this afternoon. He didn't know I was waiting for him and he was supposed to be out by 4:00 p.m. I was getting pretty antsy by about 4:15 p.m.

Here's the lovely view from my car.


Ken's car is the green one. I was literally stalking my husband!


And WHY was I stalking him?
Well, there was a piece of mail in our mailbox this afternoon that I knew he would be VERY interested in. We weren't expecting anything in particular for another 5 weeks or so. But when I saw this, I couldn't wait for him to get home. I HAD to know what it said inside. And I couldn't read through the envelope - believe me I tried!!
(BTW... I photo shopped out our address - that why the envelope looks blank)


And who was this piece of mail from?




I waited and waited and waited for Ken to come out of the store. When I saw him I got out of my car and met him in the parking lot, camera in hand, to show him his letter. I think I scared him a little bit that I was unexpectedly there in the parking lot.

He quickly opened his letter. 
The look on his face says it all.


Woot woot! 
(insert the Hallelujah Chorus here)


This man is headed to grad school at BYU!


He was attached to that letter for quite a while today. Can you blame him? We are both so happy! He's worked really hard for this and is thrilled to begin his Master's program in the fall.

To continue our great day, we took my dad out to celebrate his 66th birthday. His official birthday was on February 8th but he and my mom have both been pretty sick. This was the first night everyone was healthy and our schedules lined up. Ken actually had the night off!

We went to PF Chang's in Orem.



Yeah. Nice. The picture below is of Ken flipping me the straw rather than the bird. It's obvious he loves me, don't you think?


Not much left to take a photo of. Our meal was delicious!


The whole gang...
Ken, me, mom , and dad.
Happy Bday, dad!


There you go! 
My official post for day 1!
29 more to go.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ken!! You're truly talented! Does this mean you will start to bleed blue? Or shall we settle for purple? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your mom looks totally cute in the picture you took of her. Anyway, congratulations to Ken! That is so great!

    ReplyDelete