My idea of the perfect date.
Well, thankfully I don't have to get out there and date anymore in search of "Mr. Husband". Mission accomplished and I've got a good one! Ken and I still try to go out and do fun things like we used to. You know the usual dating routine... dinner and a movie. But Ken and I kind of ended the "traditional" dating routine even before we got married. We liked to go out to dinner and a movie but also loved to just run errands together or even stay in. I think that's one of my favorite things to do with Ken. Don't get me wrong... a nice dinner out and somewhere to go afterward is always fun! But after a long day at work, neither of us are usually in the mood to use up any energy we have by throwing ourselves back into society when all we really want to do is escape.
We had a great date last night!
After church, we went home and made dinner and had a great conversation through the whole thing. We ate together and then watched the remainder of Carrie (yes, the one with the blood dropping moment) and then made dessert together and watched Shrek. Yep, Shrek. No phone calls, no texting, and nowhere we had to be. Prefect!
Just being at home with my hubby is a pretty great date. We can both be ourselves, talk about anything, lounge in PJ's, and be as geeky as we want to be. What could be much better?

No comments:
Post a Comment