Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pocket lint...

I love my husband. 
Don't get me wrong.
But he has a habit that drives me crazy.
His habit is called "let's put anything that is white and fluffy in our pants pockets and then leave it there to be washed". You know, I already know about this little issue of his and you would think that I would be able to deal with the repercussions of it. But I'm always caught off guard. Case in point... today. Here is the conversation we had this morning...
Me: "I'm doing all of the laundry today so make sure anything you want washed is in the laundry basket."
Ken: "Okay. I checked the pockets of my pants too. We're good."
Me: "Thanks."
Ken goes off to work. Kristina proceeds with the laundry.

Fast forward about 30 minutes. The washer is finished and the clothes need to go in the dryer. I open the washer to find a snowstorm of Ken's pocket paraphernalia. 
Oh my hell! Are you kidding me? 
I proceed to pick as much of it off the clothes and the inside of the washer as I can before they go into the dryer.

This isn't all of it, but it's what I managed to lift off pre-dryer.

So now I am in the process of opening the dryer every 15 minutes or so to empty the lint trap of Ken's white and fluffy laundry friends.


Our laundry room is starting to look like a blizzard hit it.

I just called him at work and told him he is not allowed to put ANYTHING in his pockets today. His answer to that was "before you put the clothes in they dryer you may want to check for Chapstick". WHAT!!?? I guess I'm still learning my lesson that Ken will "check" his pockets, but I would be wise to double check... just in case!
I love that man!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I learned that lesson a LONG time ago. By the way, chapstick stains clothing. Yup, I learned that after my husband had 'checked' his pants too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ink pens and crayons are even more fun! So hubby's uniforms with the ink pens are washed separately and crayons at restuarants stay at restaurants! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so hilarious!!! If you save it all, you should be able to make him a sweater from it in the not-so near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack just leaves his loose change in his pockets...they clatter all out. Sometimes I hit paid dirt, he'll leave a couple of dollars, even a five once! Maybe he's just trying to pay me for services rendered....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say it's nice to know I am not alone in this! Pens definitely wreak havoc...

    ReplyDelete