So last night, Ken and I decided to celebrate our engagement anniversary. Pretty sappy 'eh? Maybe a little but it was a lot of fun to talk about that night and the way we both felt. Since Ken worked until 7:00 p.m. I knew he would be too tired to go out somewhere. I decided to make a surprise dinner.
So after school I ran to the store (not the one he works at though - I wanted to keep it a surprise) and got flowers, non-alcoholic champagne, and ingredients for dinner. I got home and made a little candlelight dinner for us. We had "Cardiac Chicken", (as we call it - it's chicken baked in a creamy swiss cheese and butter sauce. It will most likely kill you but it's delicious!) mashed potatoes, broiled ciabatta cheese bread and green salad with chocolate pie for dessert.
Here's the table all ready to go. Nothing too fancy but still kind of fun.
Lights out. I think the Tupperware salad dressing shaker with the blue lid makes the whole thing look extra extra extra romantic!
Ken came home from work and surprised me with balloons. Totally unexpected.
I think they're fun!
After dinner we went downstairs and laid on the carpet in front of the fireplace and talked about the past year. It was a really great night in! Sometimes, staying in rather than going out is the best!
I love it! Those days that are just special to you as a couple are so much more romantic than the traditional ones. Way to go on the balloons, Ken!
ReplyDeleteI remembered how stunned we all were to learn that Ken was engaged...we didn't know he was dating anyone! This news was huge! Probably one of the smartest things Ken has ever done....you two are perfect for each other and its fun to read how happy and in love you are. Congrats on the one year of engagement, your dinner and celebration sounded perfect....especially the chocolate pie for dessert! Way cute balloons Ken, good call :)
ReplyDelete