Sunday, April 8, 2012

304/365 - Date Night At Temple Square...

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone had a fun Easter. As Ken says, this is the most important holiday of the year. Last night, we celebrated the upcoming holiday by attending the Easter concert by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir Temple Square Chorale and Orchestra At Temple Square. I work with a woman whose husband is a member of the choir. He's offered us tickets several times and we always take them. This time was no exception. 


Of course the grounds looked amazing!




What a beautiful sight!





Here's the tabernacle.



And here's the assembly hall.



We went in and found some seats.



And patiently waited.


The concert was beautiful. So was the temple when we came out. This was our view as we walked out of the tabernacle.



We went up to the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building afterward to get some dinner. We went to The Garden Restaurant (not the pricey buffet) and had a great view while we ate.


I tried to get a good picture of the view of downtown Salt Lake out of the window but it was kind of hard with the glare and all.


 Ken and I ate the same thing... Parmesan crusted chicken with fettuccine in Alfredo sauce and some sort of tomato-like Mediterranean sauce. It was really good! Here's the before...


and the after.


And dessert? Yes please! Chocolate cinnamon cake with strawberry gelato.  


Yeah... we didn't have any trouble polishing that off either.


We had a great date night enjoying beautiful music focusing on our Savior Jesus Christ. What a wonderful time of year when we are once again reminded about our Savior's triumph over death. His atonement for our sins gives me great peace because I know He has felt the pains and sorrows I feel in my life. How grateful I am to have the knowledge that I too will one day have a resurrected body of flesh and bone. I know that my Savior died for me so I might be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father some day. That knowledge gives me hope and peace. I hope everyone had a happy Easter! More Easter posts to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment