The worst thing about a divorce in the family is having to work around who has the kids for which holiday or weekend. For Easter weekend, my former sister-in-law had their kids so our Easter picnic and egg hunt got moved to this weekend. Better late than never, right?
Since my mom is still down with her ankle, her neighbor brought over a wheelchair in case she needed it. The kids immediately found it and wanted a ride. Not sure why their faces are covered. They're in an "anti-picture" phase or something.
My brother Brian ran them up and down the ramp a few times but my dad put an end to it. Also, the rain really kicked up.
We moved on to the kids Easter egg hunt. The rain came down even harder but we all went out anyway. My dad had worked so hard hiding all of the eggs around his yard.
This is how my mom spent her time at the Easter egg hunt. Comfy.
Due to the rain, we had our picnic inside. My brother Clint barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken. Everyone else pitched in with food too.
We all just sat around and visited until we ate. I invited Ken's sister Cortnee to eat with us. She came over and joined in the craziness.
I brought several food items but my favorite was my Chinese Chicken Salad. Yum! I was glad that most of it got eaten. I have just enough left over for lunch tomorrow.
Cortnee was not happy about posing for a picture,
and Ken just started getting grumpy.
Brian kept reminding us how many days it had been since he had combed his hair. Yeah... I'm not sure why either.
We had a fun and unexpected surprise. My aunt Susan and uncle Richard stopped by for a quick visit. They live in Missouri but were in Utah for a wedding. We had no idea they were in town. It was fun to see them since it's not often that we do.
So here's my dad (on the right) and his younger brother Richard side by side. Is it just me or do they look nothing alike? I don't think any of my dad's siblings even look related to each other. My uncle Richard looks more like my grandpa. I don't know... I just don't see it.
So now our Easter comes to an official close. My dad had his MANDATORY egg hunt and picnic and was grateful the party went on even though my mom is out of commission. It was an evening full of family, food, laughs and one screaming baby named Chase. It was a great time!
No comments:
Post a Comment