Thursday, April 19, 2012

311/365 - Black Chick...


Every day in my classroom I set aside a time where our class sits together and shares. Share time is not show and tell time. Nothing gets brought to class. During share time, each child gets the opportunity to tell something to everyone happened to them or that is important to them. It takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes total but is well worth the time. I love it because it completely does away with 29 little first graders bombarding me with comments and stories every day. They know that share time is coming and so they keep it to themselves until then. It works like a charm.

Today one of my girls shared this with the class.

My mom got baby chicks for us to have. The chicks are really funny and one ran up my mom's arm. One of the chicks is yellow and one is black. We named the black chick Oprah because it's black and Oprah's black too.

Yep. 
She was pretty proud of that name. I didn't even dare ask what the yellow chick's name is. I may ask her tomorrow though... 

1 comment: