Monday, April 13, 2009

Bleeding eye...

So one more post tonight... this one is about Tank... since he pretty much took up my entire day. Today, Tank had an eye doctor appointment in Salt Lake City. Yes, you read that correctly... and eye doctor appointment. Eye doctor. Yep. I know, I know. It sounds lame and I'm sorry, but Tank had a vet appointment 2 weeks ago and the vet seemed pretty alarmed about what he saw in Tank's eyes and referred me to an animal eye specialist. Well, today was Tank's big day and we were there for about 3 hours! L O N G story short, they don't really know too much other than Tank has a mass of something behind his right retina that is seeping blood into his eye. Isn't that gross!? They think it could be a cyst, a tumor, or even glaucoma. However, they ran some other tests while we were there and discovered that his heart rate is incredibly low (damn near dead) and his blood pressure is way too high (damn near dead) which can cause the blood vessels in the eye to burst. Who even knew they tested this crap on animals? Anyway... I feel bad that my little dog is having problems, but the doctor assured me he isn't in any pain. But, after watching all of the tests they did on him today, I find that a little hard to believe. So anyway, Tank will be taking some serious steroids and going back in to the doctor in about a week and half. Let's see... in the last three weeks, Tank's "medical bills" have ran me just over $800.00. And, we have a few more appointments to go. AKA... more money.
PLEASE don't make a comment that I'm an idiot for spending so much on something so little. I feel an overwhelming responsibility to do everything I can for him. If reincarnation is the gospel truth, I want to come back as Tank!! He's pretty loved.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry about tank! i hope he is okay. we'll be thinking about him.
    oh, and im SOOOO happy we've gotten together twice these past two days and can't wait until thursday - horray :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Tank! I'm so sorry. I hope you have good news at the next appointment.

    ReplyDelete