I've made it through my first two days of school and managed to survive. The kids survived too, except one of my students and I had to have a few too many "Come to Jesus" meetings the first couple of days. Survival was questionable by about noon on Friday. I can tell she and I are going to seriously butt heads this year. She doesn't want to do anything I want her to do and I'm going to be wanting her to do a lot this year that she doesn't want to do. It's called "My Job". As soon as she learns how my job works, we'll get along just fine. And that would be that somehow, some way Miss Chidester ALWAYS wins in the first grade world.
Well, this particular student cornered me (literally) yesterday because she had a few questions for me. Here's how it went...
Student: "Miss Chidester, are you married?"
Me: "Nope."
Student: "I know that. My mom said that you are divorced."
Me: "I'm not divorced."
Student: "Yes you are. My mom said so."
Me: "I'm not divorced because I've never been married. You have to get married first before you can get divorced."
Student, shaking her head no: "No. You are not married because you got a divorce."
Me: "I'm not divorced."
Student: "Well maybe you should get a divorce".
Me: "Maybe I should..."
I think you should be congratulated for not slapping her!!
ReplyDelete