I went to my house last night to check on things. Everything looked the same. Today the restoration company had several crews working. They removed all of the wallpaper, took out all of the carpet and flooring and remaining sub floor, moved all of the furniture into the garage (including draperies, blinds, shelves, and pictures/mirrors that were on the walls), took off all of the switch plates throughout the entire house, removed more sheet rock, uprooted the upstairs bathroom, and even took the wreath off my front door.
That's a lot of work in one day, and I'm sure the wreath was the toughest part! Tomorrow I will be meeting with the flooring people and hopefully solidify my choices for carpet and wood. I have a pretty good idea thanks to my many flooring trips with Ken!
Here are some pictures that I took tonight...
The basement...
The larger of the two bedrooms. The entire ceiling has been taken out in this room.
More of that bedroom.
One very stripped down bathroom.
Looking down the hallway into the family room.
One of the two downstairs bedrooms. Bye bye mint green paint!
Wow. And seriously what are they doing in the upstairs bathroom? That countertop and toilet didn't really get hit with water - the one downstairs did and they didn't remove that one. But I do love the toilet in the shower. That's classic.
ReplyDeleteI'm also surprised that the fan and light fixture in the downstairs living room didn't get ruined. I feel like the water would have destroyed that. Must have been those super duper heating fans they had in there. Hmmm...