Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm going to be a great aunt...

This morning I went to a movie with my friend Tiffany. It was one of the summer kid movies at the Cinemark in AF. The movies are only a dollar to get in to and so we've been taking Tiffany's kids once a week. It's not anything too exciting but it's fun to get out in the morning. This morning, my mom and two nephews came as well. My four year old nephew, Wyatt, rode with me to the theater. Here is a snippet of our conversation while I was driving... (keep in mind he is four years old)
Wyatt: "Aunt Kristina, I'm going to be a dad soon."
Me: (laughing) "You're going to be a DAD soon?"
Wyatt: "Yep. I'm going to be a dad."
Me: "Wyatt, what do you mean you're going to be a dad?"
Wyatt: "I'm going to find a wife and get married."
Me: "Wow. Okay...is this something that is going to happen next week?"
Wyatt: "No. It takes longer. After we get married we will have kids and then I'll be a dad."
Me: "When are you getting married?"
Wyatt: "Well, I have to eat a lot of food and grow up big and strong. Then I can get married."
Me: "Okay. Will you invite me to the wedding?"
Wyatt: "Yes I will. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to be a dad."
It reminded me just how much I miss being around first graders ALL day!!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! They are the sweetest kids every! Thanks for going with us - at least I had you to suffer with through Rugrats in Paris...
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete