Thursday, August 11, 2011

125/365 - Viva Las Vegas...

On Monday, August 1st we took off on our road trip. We chose to drive as far as Las Vegas, spend the night, and then venture into San Diego. Ken was the driver. He said the time passed better for him if he were driving rather than being the passenger. Since I couldn't have cared less, I let him pilot the entire excursion.


This was my view. A lot of nothing along with Sheldon, our GPS system.


Yep. Still a lot of nothing.



We arrived in Las Vegas and spent the night at Treasure Island.


Here's our room. I'm not sure exactly why, but the casino really prided itself on the fact it had padded headboards. Gross.


After eating at the casino's buffet (true Vegas style) we went downstairs to see a Cirque du Soleil show.




Of course we couldn't take any pictures during the show, but we snapped a few after. We LOVED it. It was fantastic!!



After the show, we walked around the strip a little. It was so hot! It was about 95 degrees at 10:00 p.m. It felt way too hot! But it didn't stop us or the billion other people from wandering around sin city.




Ahhhh... the Paris. The Eiffel Tower in France is sooooo much better and much more romantic.


There were all kinds of street shows going on.


I wonder if that lion in the statue is the same one that gnawed on the feminine magician.


We waited for what felt like an eternity to watch the outside show at Treasure Island, our hotel. Finally our wait was over. I have three words to sum up what we thought. 
Worst. Show. Ever.



After the show, we called it a night. We wandered back into our hotel room, turned up the air conditioning, and hit the sack. Of course I had to ramble on and on about the padded headboard. Ken just rolled over and fell asleep. Day 1 of our road trip was pretty dang fun!




1 comment:

  1. I saw that show too! So fun- I'm glad you had fun. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete