Saturday, August 13, 2011

127/365 - San Diego Zoo...


We slept in on Wednesday morning and the headed off to the San Diego Zoo. I had never been there before but it has to be one of the best zoos out there. It was pretty incredible. If I were an animal, I would like to live in the San Diego zoo.



These little turtles were everywhere! I loved watching them.



This orangutan was a crack up to watch!




Yay! We found the hippos. The zoo in Utah no longer has hippos. I was glad to see them.


Here is an underwater shot of the hippos.




Where is Troy Landry when you need him?


I loved these little koalas.



The had these AMAZING feel massagers all over the zoo. It cost a quarter to have your feet massaged for about two minutes or so. It was fantastic!!


Rhinos!


We loved the giraffes!




There was even a new baby giraffe. So cute!!



Here's Pumba!


Polar bears taking a swim.




We watched some Chinese acrobats that night.



We also found the pandas.



There was a sky tram that went from one end of the zoo to the other. I HATE heights but agreed to ride it.


I'm a little unsure how I feel about getting on the tram.


Our turn.



I did pretty well on the tram. I held onto the bar with white knuckles and didn't look down. Ken took some nice pictures though.




There were as many amazing flowers at the zoo as there were animals. I was in love with so many of the plants there.





Ken bought me these pandas while we were at the zoo. I had made a comment about a girl whose boyfriend had tried to win her over with a stuffed panda. Ken bought me one. Obviously trying to win me over.   :)


We went back to the hotel, watched a little t.v. and called it a night. 

3 comments:

  1. What a blast....your little guys will love seeing some of those pictures! I think Shay and I might need to take a drive sometime soon....it sounds like you guys had a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SO FUN!!! Looks like you guys had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute, and that looks like tons of fun. I wish we had hippos too, they are so cute. I love the koalas, pandas and polar bears. I wish we still had polar bears here too. Looks like we need another trip to the zoo soon in our family!!!

    ReplyDelete