Wednesday, August 17, 2011

131/365 - Our time at Sea World...


Before I talk about Sea World, I must address our RIDICULOUS parking situation at our hotel. Ken is a great driver but I am truly astonished that we didn't rip a mirror or a bumper off of our car as we entered and left the parking garage for the hotel. We typically had to park on the 4th floor so we had to enter and exit 4 of these tight tunnels daily. 




It was so incredibly tight! Ridiculous. The other crazy thing was that we had a lovely little $220.00 charge on our final day at the hotel. We didn't know that not only do you pay for your hotel room, but they slap a parking fee on top of the room fee as a departure gift. I was livid, needless to say. I spent a good part of our last morning on the phone giving the general manager an earful. They knocked two days of parking off of the total but wouldn't budge beyond that. That didn't satisfy me at all. They ended up with one unhappy  mad  furious customer.

Moving on to happier things, Sea World was fun!
The dolphins were super cute...



the water ride got us really wet...



and we saw some fun acrobatic show.


Shamu was alive and splashing...



and Ken got pretty wet.


We saw all kinds of sea critters!





I even got my roller coaster hating husband to ride with me... twice!



Over the course of the day, I got pretty sunburned - even though I used sunscreen.


That night at the hotel, my burn was pretty obvious. Ouch!


This is a picture of me the next morning. I don't know if you can tell or not, but my face was blistered and sore!


Other than the burn (and my skin is STILL peeling off as I type this) we had a pretty great time at Sea World!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like SO much fun, minus the sunburn. Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ouch!!! And I hate hidden fees too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouchie!! Hope you are all covered in aloe! Stinks that things always cost so much, esp when you have no clue about it!! I would be livid as well and most likely embarrass Reid :) haha. But what a great vacation! So fun!

    ReplyDelete