Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm buying a cow...


My mom and dad and Ken's mom and dad gave me money for my birthday. I didn't have anything specific in mind that I wanted. But I went to Gardner Village (one of my favorite places) on Saturday night with a friend and found some things I wanted.


I don't know if you're familiar with Williraye Studio or not but I LOVE their work. I really like the primitive folk art look, and that is right up their alley. I have several already but I can always use more, you know. They're border line a necessity, people!


I have a few in my classroom that I love.
This little Uncle Sam lives on the t.v. cabinet in my classroom.

Ken gave me this foot tall Uncle Sam the first time he and I dated about 12 years ago. I love it and never got rid of it, despite our breaking up back then. It now lives in my classroom too.

My kitchen is decorated with a folk art theme, and I have a few Williraye's already there as well. I found the Williraye Studio beauties below at Gardner Village for 50% off which was great, considering they never go on sale! There were a lot of them there marked down (some with holiday themes too) but I chose my favorites and I bought them up!

I got one of these...

and one of these...
(I adore the little swirly sheepie fur)

and this...

and this...

and came home and put them on the big shelf in my kitchen while Ken was questioning my sanity. I'm pretty much in love with my new decor.

But I told Ken about the $100.00 cow that is on clearance for $35.00. I told him I didn't buy it because I had pretty much blown my birthday wad with buying the other 4. He told me we needed (yes, he actually used that word) a cow to put in the empty space on the shelf. I'm so glad I married a sensible man who knows when we need or don't need a cow.

Can you see our quandary here? We have a a cow sized hole on the shelf. WE NEED A COW! So, after work today I am excitedly going back to Gardner Village to buy a cow. I couldn't be happier.

So thanks mom, dad, Karl, and Shari for my birthday money. I feel a little guilty that I spent it on something so frivolous and unnecessary. But I love the way it looks in the kitchen and will think of my birthday each time I see my new little collection!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you'll be getting your cow. I hope it makes your home a happier place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think birthday money and presents in general are the best when it's something you wouldn't necessarily buy for yourself. They should be luxuries, not necessities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Williraye too! I'm so going to go get me a cow too....yes, I'm a copier. Happy belated birthday though :)

    ReplyDelete