I don't watch the Oprah Winfrey show very often. I'm not really a fan. But she did make an announcement this week. In case you didn't hear, she found out she has a half sister who she knew nothing about. It turns out her mom had a baby that she decided not to keep. No one in the family really knew about it. The baby, who is named Patricia, is now grown with children of her own and was searching for her birth mother when *poof* she discovered it was Oprah's mom. Rather than go to the tabloids, Patricia was able to eventually contact Oprah's family to let them know who she was, which I have to say is quite admirable.
Oprah, making her announcement.
Patricia, Oprah's half sister.
Reunion. Good times.
This got me thinking.
Dear "Powers That Be"...
If there is ANY chance I have a half brother,
please let it be Bill (53 billion dollar) Gates...
or Warren (47 billion dollar) Buffett.
I would also accept Steven (3.2 billion dollar) Spielberg...
or Sir Paul (1.5 billion dollar) McCartney.
If you could please let me know before the holidays that
would be great! I want to make sure they're on my gift list,
and vice versa... of course.
With love,
Kristina







Oooh, me too!! Although I'm guessing by the number of children my parents have, that unfortunately they kept them all!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny!!! I was laughing out loud reading this!!!
ReplyDelete