Saturday, January 22, 2011

Introducing...

Chase Harlan Chidester
Born on January 21st
6.15 oz. 20 inches long

Not wanting to take away anyone's thunder, I asked my sis-in-law if I could blog their big news before she got around to it. Permission granted. My brother Brian and his family welcomed their third child into the world yesterday. Today, my dad and I went to their house (yes, my sis-in-law Denise only stayed at the hospital about 24 hours - she is beyond amazing!) to visit with everyone and see the new little guy.


Yawn!


My niece, Carly, is so cute with baby Chase. She is really excited to have another brother.


I snapped this little photo while Brian was trying to convince Jake that he was born in the jungle and was really a monkey. Jake wasn't buying it.


I love Jake! He is a total crack up and has more energy than anyone knows what to do with!


The proud papa. I'm not sure what that "pose" is, however.


Jake and Grandpa.


Jake loves to hold Chase too!



Carly was so cute! She kept telling me that "Baby Chase really likes me because he holds my finger."


Brian and Denise have BEAUTIFUL children!!


A quick picture with Grandpa...


and Aunt Kristina!


I think, for my mom's sake, I should mention that she and my dad had gone and seen everyone the night before at the hospital. I was going alone to visit (Ken had to work) and invited both my mom and dad to come too. But, my mom had a church commitment and had just been the night before. That's why it was just me and my dad. My mom is NOT a slacker grandparent. And Denise, my sis-in-law, didn't want her picture taken. You know... having just given birth she was feeling less than photogenic. But, my dad and I had a great day together, just the two of us. And, everyone is glad that baby Chase made it here safe, sound, and healthy. He's one lucky baby to be born into Brian and Denise's family!!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect little face! So beautiful. The newborn stage just doesn't last long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the Chidesters! What a cute baby!

    ReplyDelete