Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wookie on campus...

A Wookie... you remember, right?


You know these two, I'm sure.


And I'm sure you know this heavy breather who is "your father".


Know this guy, you do?


And of course you know these three.


And I hope you remember this Wookie. Chewbacca. He's the reason for my post.


I searched online and found quite an array of Chewbacca paraphernalia.
Perhaps you need a Mr. Chewbacca Head?


A Chewy backpack?


Wookie slippers? Do you need them?



Is you child dying to be a member of the Chewbacca brigade?


Do your golf clubs need Wookie warmers?


Maybe you're in need of a Chewy stuffed animal.




The Wookie purchasing opportunities are endless! 
I had my own little Wookie experience on Friday while at school. IT MADE MY DAY! Seriously, I laughed and giggled so hard throughout the day I thought I was going to wet myself! I do want to add a disclaimer, however. Since all of this is floating out on the world wide web, I have no idea who is seeing this. This post has to do with one of my students. I am in no way making fun of him. I love this kid so much and was humored by the situation. I thought I'd share...

I went into the coat room inside my classroom and saw this brown furry thing sticking out of a student's cubbie along with his backpack.


Upon further "investigation", I noticed it was something made from fake fur.


It was a coat. Not just any coat, but an adult size fake fur coat. When I asked him about it, my cute student told me he couldn't find his coat at home and so his mom said to take this one instead. When he put it on all I could do was smile. I had recess duty that morning and was able to outside with him. I could not quit giggling! 


This HUGE fur coat on this small first grader reminded me of...
CHEWBACCA!


It made me so happy ALL DAY!! 


Ha! Isn't that the cutest little Wookie!
(btw... this is NOT my student. It's a "fill in")


Do you see any furry resemblance? 


I am so sorry for the long, lame post but it seriously brought GREAT joy to my long and tiring Friday. I love kids! They are hilarious!

6 comments:

  1. Haha! That is hilarious! That coat really does resemble chewie! I wonder if his mother really wears it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha That is AWESOME!!! I love picturing you giggling all day- and I totally would have to. I love that you share these hilarious things on your blog that happen in school. Makes me want to be more aware of my office and it's happenings lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and guess what... he wore the coat again today!! I am all smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time ;) Huge Star Wars fan here... so that's totally awesome! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he. I'm going to do the same for my kids...let them have a Chewbacca experience at school all for the entertainment of their teachers. I'll wait for teacher appreciation day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it!! Kids ARE the best! I wonder if Mom really knows he has her fabulous coat! :)

    ReplyDelete