Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My day yesterday...


I had yesterday off of work for Martin Luther King Jr. day.
It's one of the perks to having a government job.

I was pretty lazy yesterday. I slept in until 10:00 a.m. and then the Visiting Teachers came over. I wanted to run a few errands so I got dressed quickly, pulled up my hair, brushed my teeth and headed out. No makeup. No shower. Basically my gross natural self.

My first stop was at Best Buy to purchase a cable so my iPod can play through the stereo in our bedroom. While I was there, I noticed a child staying lurking suspiciously close to me. When I actually looked at her face a minute or two later I could see it was Kasey, one of my current students. She made eye contact with me but ran away as I was saying "hi" to her.

A few minutes later, she came back over to me, but this time she was with her dad. She was still a little unfriendly. Her dad had a good laugh because Kasey was a little nervous to talk to me. She told her dad she thought it was me, but my face "looked funny" and my hair was "messy"."

I snapped the above picture on my computer last night when I got home. Yep. No make up and some pretty messy hair. But don't you fear... Kasey told me this morning that I look normal again. Whew!

I took this photo on my computer just now. I don't know if this qualifies as "normal" but Kasey is the expert after what she witnessed yesterday!


While I was out and about, I stopped at JCPenney. I hit the motherlode, again. I blogged about my great steal last year on sheets here. But yesterday I scored again. Ken likes flannel sheets. I don't. But I told him I was willing to compromise an every-other-week deal with him and flannel sheets. Problem... we don't own any flannel sheets. Solution... we do now!

I bought both sets of sheets...

My total? A whopping $32.01 with tax.
I saved $140.04.
I am awesome!


I was so glad I had a camera with me in the car. I drove home into a rainstorm. The clouds to the east were so low I couldn't see the tops of the mountains. They were eerie and beautiful!

To the west, the sky was slightly blue and gray.

And check out this sunset! Amazing!!

These are unaltered photos. The colors were stunning!


All in all, it was a pretty good day... even if my face looked funny and my hair was messy!

1 comment:

  1. Those sunset pics were really cool. That story was funny about your kid in your class. I remember as a kid, just seeing my teachers out in public made for a kind of awkward situation but then for them to have no makeup! Holy Moly. I love the fact that you will put natural self up on the internet. Not everyone will do that. Good job you!

    ReplyDelete