The decorating is all done, inside and out.
I don't know why, but trying to get the house decorated seemed incredibly overwhelming to me this year. I think I just have too many totes filled with too many Christmas decorations. It was too much to face. In fact, there were still 2 huge totes down in our storage room that I didn't even open. Ken was a trooper hauling it all back downstairs for me trying to clear the clutter while I freaked out about the mess. I about went crazy! But here is what I was able to put out this year, and things are stashed away... until January.
It's not my finest work, but it's done.
I got a new nativity this year. I actually bought it from a woman that I used to teach with. She makes them individually from a clay that dries into a soft plastic. I paid her for it last year but just got it last week. It's different but it's cute. It's little more whimsical than other nativities I have. Here's the entire nativity and then a few close ups.
Aren't those sheep just the cutest?
I need to post some pictures of the outside. It looks the same as it did last year with all of the lights. It's getting pretty festive at our house. Christmas is creeping up too quickly!!
Your tree is so pretty! I'm with you on how exhausting and overwhelming it all is. I love getting it all out, but I also love putting it all away the day after Christmas. And what a cute nativity!
ReplyDelete