Tuesday, December 6, 2011

242/365 - Cheap floral redo...

Years and years ago, I dried some roses that had come from some color guard girls of mine. I arranged them with some eucalyptus and it sat for years and years. I liked them. Here's the problem... you can only attempt to dust dried flowers so many times. After that, it doesn't matter if you dust them or not. Somehow a "protective layer" of dust forms on the flowers and they just looks the same. It was time for a redo.

About 2 months ago, Ken brought home some white roses for me. He had never done that before. He also informed me that they were on clearance where he worked and he had got the dozen for $3.00. He was so proud of himself. Ha ha! I thought it was cute. The roses didn't last long so as soon as they started to wilt I bundled them up and dried them. I added the some new eucalyptus to the roses and came up with this...



Much better than the old dusty flowers that were there before. Not too shabby for $3.00. I should have taken a before picture. Oh well. Less embarrassment for me, I guess.
(and just think... in a little while when these begin to look dusty I can HINT that I need roses!)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I finally threw out my wedding bouquet of roses. It was kinda sad, but they were looking pretty gross.

    ReplyDelete