So if you read my sad blog frequently, you already know that I got a sewing machine for Christmas. If not, click HERE. My sewing lessons begin this Saturday. I haven't played around on the machine too much, but I was anxious to try out the embroidery feature. So, I got out some fabric scraps I had and played around.
Nice mess there. I'm discovering sewing is not a neat and tidy hobby.
Here we go...
I decided to start by embroidering KEN with the most basic font.
It's actually really fun to watch the machine, but I could have left it and done something else. It didn't need me one bit.
Then I decided to add another design. This design was supposed to be 5 different colors. I just let it do it's thing and kept it all one color.
So there's my finished little project. 2 designs and some text. The sad results of my experimentation.
Then to be funny, I thought I'd turn it into something for Ken. I added a little decorative top and sewed up the sides to make a little bag.
As you can imagine, Ken was beyond thrilled to be the recipient of this lovely pink creation. I have to say, it turned out pretty good considering I eyeballed everything and made it in 5 minutes.
Ken said he would proudly use his pink bag to hold his laptop charger at BYU. Yeah... we'll see. I'm not sure he wants to be sporting THAT look. You know... the pink tulip and ribbon look. I'm pretty sure it's against the school's honor code.
Ah!!! You make me laugh!!!! What fun posts you come up with. And what a great sewing machine, I am sure you will love having fun playing with it.
ReplyDelete