I was so glad I had my camera with me today while I was at the grocery store. I saw this little item - pig's feet. Ummm... I have so many questions! First of all, how much meat is on feet? (clever little rhyme, 'eh?) Secondly, the small print below the black part of the label says that the pig's feet are semi-boneless and packed in vinegar. Semi-boneless? What exactly does THAT mean?
I got online to see what crazy things you can make with pig's feet. I wish I were kidding but one recipe actually said to "thoroughly wash the pig's feet and shave any hairs off with a disposable razor". Ewww. That's where I quit reading. I am not shaving my dinner. No way.
Just in case you're wondering where one might find vinegar soaked semi-boneless pig's feet with bristly hair (razor not included), it's right under the Spam and next to One Whole Chicken in a can. Perfect location!
Bon Appetit!
I actually remember my great-grandma using pigs feet in her cooking. She loved them! I can honestly say I never tried it though! Gross!
ReplyDeleteYUCK!!! And yet there must be a market for it or it wouldn't be on the shelves right? Pickled eggs in some sort of pink vinegar 'juice' freaks me out every time I see it on the end of the ice cream row at one of the stores I shop at. The placement is totally random...I don't get it!
ReplyDeleteHahahahahaha! This post made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteOh Kristina. I so needed this today. I love your posts, this one had me laughing out loud!
ReplyDelete