Wednesday, January 4, 2012

269/365 - Birthday Adventure...

One of the best things about my job is that I always have my birthday off of work. I'm not a birthday person but it is nice to be able to sleep in, which is exactly what we did. We didn't leave the house until 2:00 p.m. It was nice. Ken willingly went to Gardner (I can't get enough if the place) Village with me. I just wanted to go to the sewing store there but we ended up doing a lot more financial damage than a little bit of fabric. 

First off, I bought myself a new purse!


The fun Christmas decorations were still up so we got to see all of the little elves on display.






We had lunch at the bakery there. We got these chocolate croissants (with our trip to Europe in mind). They were good but not amazing.


Evidently we needed a cookie as well.


This is a picture from inside the bakery. There were a lot of people there.


We were cracking up at the woman's shoes and socks. She was a cute little 80+ year old with these "I'm a 12 year old" shoes. She also has on one ankle sock and one regular sock. We loved it!


As you can see, Ken is thrilled beyond words to be at Gardner Village.


I'M SO MAD!! 
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING!!
We went to the Village Quilt Shoppe to JUST LOOK at new bedding. Just look. I swear. I had my camera with me the entire time and didn't even think about snapping any photos. After and hour and a half in the Quilt Shoppe, Ken and I made a hefty purchase. We decided to redo our bedroom. New quilts, new pillows, lamps, candles, table runner, etc. All of those things in our current room will be going down to our "Shari Room". So, our bedroom will be changing from sage green and shades of yellows to a really deep red, tan, and chocolate brown. Of course I can't post pictures because I didn't take any, dang it! I'll blog about it once it's up in our room We're still waiting for the main quilt to come in. We're excited to see the new look in our house.

Here's Ken... ready to haul out a few of our many bags from the Quilt Shoppe.


We went home and then had a late dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. All in all, it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the purse...too cute! I definitely have purse envy!! Glad you did something fun on your birthday.

    ReplyDelete