Back in November I blogged about my friend Kim and I going to Gardner (oh, how I love that place) Village. If you want to read it, click HERE. Well, I bought an old window there with a little project in mind. I have no idea how much old windows sell for, but I paid just over $40.00 for mine. I've since found out that I got a pretty good deal on it.
It may just be a Utah "thing" but a lot of the boutiques and home decor stores around here sell old windows that have wreaths on them. I am a fan of that look but Ken isn't. I wanted one so I got a boxwood wreath at Target for about $40.00 and hung it with some ribbon I already had. I didn't do anything to the window except dust off the cobwebs. I really like the look of the cracked and chipped paint. I think it turned out pretty well, although I'm not 100% sold on the bow. All in all I spent about $80.00 on it. If I'd bought it at a boutique it would have been a lot more.
As a compromise, we're going to hang it on the wall as you're headed down the stairs to the basement. That way it can be seen but isn't in a prominent place on a wall. I can live with that.
Right now it's just propped up on the ledge. I think it looks a lot better raised up about a foot or so but it's fine there until we get it hung up.
So there you are!
One of my latest crafty projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment