This morning one of my students, Miss "E", came into the classroom wearing earrings. I have very few girls in my class with pierced ears so some of my students made comments about Miss "E's" new look. The closer I got looking at them the weirder they were.
I know it's impossible to really see in this picture that Miss "E" has taped on her earrings with scotch tape. No joke. Tape. She put a piece of clear tape over the post and stuck it to her ear.
I asked her about her earrings and she told me that they were a new kind of earring called "Tape On Earrings". She was pretty proud to be part of the "new trend" she had created. She even let me take a picture. And just in case you're wanting to invest in "Tape On Earrings", you should know that they don't stay on very well. The tape was not sticky and the earrings had fallen off within an hour. I'm pretty sure there won't be a patent pending on this invention.

I am laughing so hard because I can totally see Carly doing that!
ReplyDelete