Saturday, January 21, 2012

283/365 - Movie Review & New Discovery...

Last night we went and saw the new movie Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.


Here's what we thought without giving any of the plot away...
It's about a young boy named Oskar and his quest to find the lock to a key he found in his deceased father's closet. Oskar's dad (Tom Hanks) was killed in the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center.


Oskar is a bit of a genius with weird social skills. That's probably the best way to describe him. He uses his crazy analytical brain and a phone book to map out where the key's lock could be. This takes him on an amazing adventure where he meets people who have a direct effect on his life.





Here are our overall thoughts about the movie...
It's a must see!! 
(but seeing it once is enough for us)
It's really long in length.
(it was over 2 hours long)
There were times the movie seemed to drag.
(they could have shortened many of the scenes)
If you have any emotional connection to the September 11th attacks you may want to skip seeing it.
(it's a great movie but it might hit too close to home for some people) 
Ken and I just might start carrying around tambourines everywhere we go as we play the Oxymoron Game. You'll see...

We also made a great discovery tonight!

For those of you that live near Lehi, this place just opened up this week! We went there for dinner tonight. It was DELICIOUS!

I had a Oreo and cookie dough chocolate custard Concrete Mixer. HEAVEN!



Their burgers are really good (I tasted Ken's) and so are their chicken sandwiches. We had the deep fried cheese curds (hello! could you get anymore healthier than that?) and the frozen custard. I am in love! It was fun too because when we got there we discovered that the owner of the franchise is a father of one of my former students. I saw him working and thought oh how sad that Dave is working fast food. Yeah well... he's the owner so then I just felt dumb. Oh well.  So glad we have this delicious place to get a burger at. We highly recommend it! BTW... the service was amazing! They were pretty fast with the food, deliver it to your table, and the people working there are straight from Disneyland I tell you. They seriously act like Culver's is the happiest place on earth. 
We're giving it an A+.

2 comments:

  1. If it's Disneyland-like service then we are there!!! I've seen the Culver's but thought it was a nicer, sit-down restaurant. I had no idea it was burgers and custard. It looks so good. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you are now up with WI. We have had one the whole time we have leved here. Not only are the burgers good, so are the salads. And with the kids meals, save the bags, you get free ice cream and coupons to save for free food later.
    P.S. ITS YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW!!

    ReplyDelete