There is only one word to describe my students today...
If you want to know where the Wild Things REALLY are, they're in my classroom. All 28 of them. No joke. I have no idea what was in the water today but my kids were absolutely nuts. I had a substitute yesterday (I was at a district meeting) and she sent me an email about how the day went. She told me things went fine but that my kids were overly squirrely and chatty. To be honest, it kind of surprised me. My kids are really good. Well when I got to my classroom this morning, I completely understood what she was talking about.
There was plenty of wild rumpus!
I have a pretty good headache right now.
Here are a few things that added to my WILD and crazy day...
1. I had to plunge the faculty room toilet before I could use it. Really? Aren't we all adults here? Who goes into a locked faculty bathroom, uses it, leaves the toilet clogged and walks out? That was fun for me.
2. My kids wouldn't quit talking.
3. I had to have a class discussion about why girls cannot have crushes on other girls and why boys can't have crushes on other boys. Seriously people... not in my job description.
4. I got to clean chewed up gum off of my carpet. Someone will die on Tuesday morning.
5. My kids wouldn't settle down.
6. I had a student come up to me and tell me she needed to use the bathroom really, really bad. I told her she would need to wait because someone else was already in the bathroom (one at a time, school rule). So she stood there and peed her pants. That was a blast to deal with.
7. I felt like I was teaching preschool/daycare all day!
8. Have I mentioned that my class wouldn't be quiet?
9. The phone in my classroom rang way too much. I truly feel like I didn't get a thing accomplished.
The good news is that it's a 3 day weekend. I am very much looking forward to this...
I'm pretty excited to put on my PJ's and lay low at home where no one constantly chirps "Mrs. Adams, Mrs. Adams, Mrs. Adams" at me. I LOVE all of my students but wow... I am worn out!



Ha ha, I would have liked to have read a blog by you when you were color guard director. I bet it would be about the same. :) I mean, sometimes there's not much difference between the two ages, right?
ReplyDelete