Tuesday, September 6, 2011

151/365 - 17 Miracles...


Tonight, Ken and I went and saw the movie 17 Miracles. We really liked it. If you haven't seen it (and I think Ken and I are two of the last ones who hadn't) it's based on true events that took place during the Willie-Martin Handcart Company trek.





I've said it before and I will say it forevermore...
I would have made one heck of a lousy pioneer.
It wasn't my calling.
I wasn't chosen.
I couldn't have handled it. 
AND...
Ken would have been lousy too.

I'm pretty sure the handcart company would have abandoned the two of us in the middle of the night and moved on. We would have been THAT bad, I'm sure. I am grateful, however, for the early Saints who sacrificed everything to travel to Zion. It was a pretty inspiring movie! It's out on DVD as well. Deseret Book carries it.

No comments:

Post a Comment