Monday, September 19, 2011

164/365 - Student Teacher...


Yep. I haven't met him/her yet but I found out today that I'll be getting a student teacher this year. I had one the year before last and had a really good experience with her. I'm hoping for another good one. So as of today, I am confident I have the World's Best Student Teacher coming my way! He/she is pretty lucky. I have an amazing class that I am loving so much. Good for the student teacher but bad for me to have to surrender them over for a few months. Last time I had a student teacher, I really missed my kids! Oh well. We give in this profession and we take. This is my time to give I guess.





Yeah. My advice? Fake it 'til you make it and forget everything they taught you. Real first graders are nothing like the professor and textbooks say they are. I'm just being honest!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting a student teacher this spring... a little excited for the extra set of hands. Little nervous because a bad one is like an extra student...we shall see! I'm going to adopt your attitude...gonna be the BEST ever!

    ReplyDelete