Saturday, September 24, 2011

169/365 - Donuts and Decor...

Ken and I made a donut run this morning.
There is a donut store not too far from us that has been in business since the 1950's. They make fresh donuts each morning and close when the donuts are gone. They got our day off to a sweet start!


YUM!


Today was my day to get caught up on a few things. One thing on my list was to do a little craft project I've been looking forward to. This picture I found on the internet was my inspiration.


Here are all of my supplies for my project. I bought the candlestick holders almost a year ago. They've sat around and I've never used them. I got all three for $5.00. You can read that post HERE. There's also spray paint, autumn candle rings and pumpkins. I'm not even into this project $20.00. I love deals like that!


The pumpkins look like they're glass but they're actually plastic.



I gave the candle stick holders 4 coats of paint this afternoon.


Once the paint dried, I brought them in. All I did was tie a one looped bow on each one using ribbon I had on hand, laid a candle ring on each one and topped it off with a pumpkin. No glue or anything. It all just fell into place. I love the way they turned out! I think they look better than the ones I found as my original inspiration.


It was a really fun and super easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment