Friday, December 2, 2011

238/365 - Creation of Santa...

 I read this cute book to my students this morning. 

 
I read it every year. It's a really cute book about how Santa got his job. It talks about how all of Santa's jobs helped prepare him to be the Santa Claus we know today. In the book he worked as a young man as a chimney sweep, a mail carrier, at a diner (he left because he gained too much weight) and at a zoo. He also worked at a circus where he met some elves. (There is another book written by the same author about how Santa lost his job as well.) Today when I was reading it, the kids got pretty vocal about how they REALLY thought Santa got his job.

These are some of their ideas about who exactly it was that decided that Santa would become the man with the gifts and sleigh.

"Jesus decided it when he was born."
"His dad did. He was Santa and so Santa's son will be Santa when he dies."
(did you follow that?)
"The President of the United States."
"An elf made him."
"He just decided to do it."
"Someone gave him a suit."
"The elves wanted someone magic."
"The prophet."
(I am not making this up!)
"His mom told him to do it."
"He was born that way."
"Dr. Higgins."
(our principal)

Good to know.

1 comment:

  1. We have that book. It's darling!

    Sorry you guys have been sick! So far, our family has avoided it this year (knock on wood!).

    And you seriously have a talent for creating beautiful things. I love your candlesticks!

    ReplyDelete