Wednesday, November 2, 2011

208/365 - Girl's Night Out...

My good friend Kim texted me last night and told me she was in desperate need of a girl's night out. No husbands, no babies, just us. I was in! We decided to go to Gardner Village (because I'm there just about once a month, I swear) because Kim had never been there. Allison, we missed you and wished you were there!!

Some of the shops...




Kim found all sorts of things she didn't buy.


Since Kim has a 1 year old, she found something for her daughter.



Of course I found something to buy.
I bought this old window with the glass and hardware still in tact. It is EXACTLY like the windows at my old house. It brought back a few memories. I've been wanting a window like this for a little home decor project I've had in mind for a while.


The sun went down, it got mighty cold and we still wandered.


We went to the stitchery store. Ken already knows this but I REALLY hope Santa Claus brings me a sewing machine this year for Christmas because I would REALLY like to learn how to quilt. I've never done it but I'm confident I can teach myself!


Kim and I made a few attempts of trying to take a picture of the two of us. This one is not so great.


Ummm...



Yeah. We need a flash here.


Good enough.


We went to my favorite store in the entire village. I was ecstatic to find my Folk Art by David 2012 calendar for my kitchen. This was another purchase for me. Ohhh... the lame things that bring me excitement.


Kim got completely obsessed with this chicken couch. And I quote... "If I won the lottery, I would buy this couch. If you won the lottery would you buy it for me because that would make my chances of having the chicken couch 2 in a bazillion rather than 1 in a bazillion."
Yes, Kim. I would buy you the chicken couch.



That is one expensive piece of poultry furniture.


We quickly discovered that Kim has a slight chicken fetish that was unknown to her until this little adventure.



Dinner time!
We ate at the restaurant there.


They have THE BEST fish and chips ever! Totally horrible for your heart, arteries, and waistline but it is so worth it!


Kim and I decided that the lemon wedge pushes it into the healthy category. That Kim is good for me, I tell you!




Yeah well... we didn't waste anything.


Then to make matters worse, we somehow thought we needed this to share.


We didn't do too shabby on it despite our full tummies.


We waddled out of the restaurant and drove home. It was a fun and much needed girl's night out!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I am in desperate need of a girls night out!! I'm coming for Thanksgiving................ I miss you ladies.

    ReplyDelete