This past Friday our entire first grade went up the canyon for a field trip. We do it every fall and the kids love it! The mountains were beautiful and the weather was perfect!!
The ranger met with us and talked to the kids about Smokey the Bear and fire safety.
The ranger even explained what they would wear to fight a fire. One of my students got to be the model.
And of course Smokey the Bear came to visit!
We had a picnic lunch too. This is my lunch. I had to keep picking leaves off of my food. The leaves were falling all over the place.
We did rotations while we were there. Each rotation had a different thing to learn about. My class was in charge of teaching everyone about leaves. We also did some leaf rubbings.
We have the CUTEST little guy in first grade with spina bifida. With his wheel chair aside, he had a great time being pulled everywhere in a wagon. He has a great time. It was so sweet to watch him.
Everyone got to hear stories,
learn about different types of trees,
and play with the big parachute.
I love our mountains.
It was a a perfect day!
You have made me so jealous! I realize now that I didn't know what I had when I lived so close to the canyon. Those leaves are amazing! Right now I'm lucky to enjoy balmy temperatures year-round, but I'm missing out on the fall transformation because of it. Thanks for reminding me what this time of year should really look like! Happy fall!
ReplyDeleteSO pretty. Looks like a REALLY fun field trip, right down to my friends father in law teaching the ropes :)
ReplyDelete