Friday, October 28, 2011

203/365 - 5 Scary Secrets...

I'm a teacher. Not just a teacher, but a teacher of six years olds turning seven. My days consist of just about everything you can think of. I hear and see some pretty funny stuff, thanks to my students. A series that I love to read to my students is Barbara Park's witty Junie B. Jones books. I am sorry, but they are funny. In honor of the upcoming holiday, I recently read Boo... and I Mean It! to my class.


I can honestly say I would love to have Junie B. Jones as a daughter! Life would never, ever be dull. It would be a dream come true!!


In this book, Junie B. is told 5 scary secrets by a classmate that make her fear Halloween. The book is based on the scary secrets and how she'll celebrate Halloween knowing what she does.

5 scary secrets that Paulie Allen Puffer told me by Junie B. Jones

1. Real monsters and witches go trick or treating on Halloween. Only they don't even wear costumes. On account of everybody thinks they're already dressed up. BUT THEY ARE NOT! THEY ARE WEARING THEIR REAL ACTUAL CLOTHES!

2. Do not carve pointy, sharp teeth in your pumpkin. Or else it will roll into your room while you are sleeping and eat your feet.

3. Bats like to land on your head and live in your hair.

4. Black witch cats can claw you into shreddle.

5. Candy corn really isn't corn.

"That candy corn one is shocking, I tell you"
-Junie B. Jones-


For a fun and quick read, I recommend it!
(but remember... I teach six year olds!)



No comments:

Post a Comment