Every day after lunch I read from a chapter to my little students. It's a tradition that we always turn the lights off, cozy up, and talk about everything we read from the day before. Today I finished reading my first graders a great book called The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
It's written by this lady, Kate DiCamillo.
She also wrote The Tale of Despereaux (which I also read to my class each year, thanks to Allison) and Because of Winn Dixie to name a few.
Edward is a toy rabbit that has one life changing adventure that leaves him to another. Here he is with Lawrence and Nellie.
Rosie the dog and Edward.
Edward in Lucius Clarke's toy shop.
My first graders were on edge most of the time. They laughed, cheered and gasped when we read the last chapter. I tried not to cry. It's good, quick read. My favorite quote from the book was given to Edward by an old doll he shared a shelf with.
“If you have no intention of loving or being loved, the whole journey is pointless.”





I'll get it from the library tomorrow. I love children's books and miss reading them.
ReplyDelete