Halloween with nearly 30 first graders is something EVERYONE should experience at least once in their life. It's pretty much utter chaos at high volume. And you know what... they love EVERY minute of it! Here's half of my class in the hallway waiting for the school costume parade to begin.
More of my cuties.
My good friend (and former 1st grade teacher on my team) Kim and her little lady bug Morgan came to watch the festivities.
Here are some of the costumes our faculty dressed in.
Melissa Jensen, my next door classroom neighbor. She's new to our first grade team this year and I just adore her.
This is Deborah, one of our 5th grade teachers. I needed a little clarification on her costume. She's a guard from the movie Night at the Museum. Once I was told that, I totally saw it.
Marci Burnside, a fantastic and fun teacher on my 1st grade team.
Elaine Marshall, also fantastic and on my team.
Jacquie Johnson. An equally fantastic fellow 1st grade teacher.
Here I am!
The hat worked well paired with a purple shirt and black skirt.
Later in the day we had our class party.
One of the moms had them make a cute craft to the poem Five Little Pumpkins. They turned out really cute!
There was also a pumpkin walk to Halloween music.
One of the stations was to pin the face on the jack-o-lantern.
Story time!
Treat station.
Each child got to make a bat cupcake while they snacked on chips and Capri Suns. Healthy... I know.
All in all, it was a pretty successful day in my classroom. Everyone had fun. I love just how magical holidays can be with my little first grade friends.

So fun! I love Halloween in first grade! It was great to see all those old faces and I'm so glad snow white made her appearance again this year!
ReplyDeleteThis post brought back my own memories of Halloween when I was little. I LOVED Halloween in elementary school.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I seriously need to move back to Utah just so you can be my child's first grade teacher. Or you could move to South Dakota and teach Ezra kindergarten in two years, eh? :)
ReplyDelete