I am so elated that spring is here!
I have been looking forward to mowing the lawn and doing yard work for weeks! Yesterday, we woke up to a beautiful day. The forecast had predicted rain and snow but to my surprise, it was all sunshine and chirping birds.
I made Ken french toast, sausage, and hash browns for breakfast. It was my day off (I'm on spring break) but Ken had to work so I thought I'd be a "good wife" and make breakfast while he slept in. As we were eating, we could hear that one of our neighbors was out mowing the lawn. It was our next door neighbor. She is an older woman, and incredibly nice. But, she has a bad habit of occasionally mowing our lawn too. Most people would be fine with this but I' m not really. Our lawn mowers are set on different heights and it makes everything look weird. I know, I'm a freak.
Well, as we were watching her, she started mowing right over onto our lawn. I COMPLETELY freaked out! I made Ken change his clothes, much to his unhappy looks, and go out and stop her. I'm sorry, folks, but that first lawn mow of the season is mine, mine, mine. Ken is pretty much a yard-saving superhero.
Ken was able to stop her, but she had already mowed our grass between the sidewalk and the street. She had also began to cut the front. Ken stopped her just in time. Can you see the mowed stripe on the left? That was her doing. What a close call! She means well, and I know she views it as service but I had been looking so forward to this day.
When she mows, she just mows around stuff rather than edge. Case in point... the bottom of our mailbox.
No fear... I fixed it.
Out came all of the yard junk.
Here are some laurel bushes in the front before...
and after...
(I know they look massacred. They'll fill out)
and after.
Here is the lawn before I mowed it...
and after.
I was all geared up to do the back yard as well but the garbage can is full of front yard clippings. Oh well. Garbage day is soon and the mowing will continue.
Ahhhh... yard work is therapeutic.
Thanks, Ken, for saving the lawn and my sanity!

You are so cute. I hate mowing the lawn, but it is Karl's favorite thing in the world. We live in a condo so the only time he gets to mow the lawn is if we are vacationing in AZ. Some day he will join in on your yard mowing madness :)
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOOOVE mowing too. I get mad if Jeff does it. I also love vacuuming. I just love the lines in the carpet and the grass.
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha! You make me laugh with your mowing OCD. Poor little old lady just trying to help. :)
ReplyDelete