Monday, April 25, 2011

25/365 - Easter Day...

We had a R E A L L Y long weekend.
It was our Stake Conference, which is the beginning to why it was long.
When I was growing up, my mom never took us to Stake Conference. Are you kidding? She dragged us to church all by herself each week so Stake Conference was a day off for her. I can't blame her either. In fact, it wasn't until my mission that I discovered people actually went to meetings on Stake Conference. Who knew! 

Being married to the Stake Organist doesn't allow me to take the day off. Poor Ken was really busy this weekend. He played on Saturday for Stake Choir practice, priesthood session and then the adult session. Yesterday, he played for our 9:30 a.m. Stake Conference (but had to be there before 8:00 a.m.) and then ended up playing for the Stake Conference that followed ours. He didn't get home until after 3:00 p.m. Whew!

We had invited my mom and dad, my aunt Kay, and my brother Clint over to have dinner with us. I didn't attend the second Stake Conference with Ken. I came home to get dinner ready.

Here are our tables all set up and ready to go. Yay for folding table and chairs, right?




I discovered yesterday that I must have a "thing" for white dishes. I was unaware of that little piece of information until I was setting everything up yesterday. 


We had a vegetable tray, dip, salad, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, asparagas...


ham and turkey. We also had strawberry shortcake and chocolate pie for dessert.





I was so annoyed with Tank. He kept begging for food, but my aunt Kay was really good at just ignoring him. I finally got him to come over by me. He left everyone alone, as long as I was slipping him some ham every now and then. Argh!


After dinner, Clint and Kay left but my parents stayed to visit for a little while.


Tank's favorite sopt is always with my dad, watching t.v.


That's one full dishwasher...


and A LOT of dishes, pot, and pans.


I didn't even know we had THIS many dishes!


The Easter Bunny surprised me by getting me this cute black table that is amongst the candles that I promised to never blog about again. I think it's the perfect size to go there. Well done, bunny!



And of course I immediately junked it up.


The Easter Bunny brought Ken an iHome for his iTouch.


That "I"m totally annoyed you're taking my picture" look was as good as it got.



I hope everyone had a happy Easter.
I'm sitting here at work while my first-ies are reading with sixth-ies.
I'm exhausted! 
I'm pretty sure I'd trade my soul for a nap right now.
What a busy (but fun and inspiring) weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment