Thursday, April 21, 2011

21/365 - Men's Room...


I feel dumb even writing this but...
 I have to know if anyone feels the same way I do.

I HATE using the men's restroom. Hate it!
I don't know why. Ken and I use the same bathroom at home and that doesn't gross me out. But yesterday at work, I REALLY needed to use the bathroom. I should have used it 2 Diet Coke's before this moment, but with 33 first graders in the room that isn't always possible.

I ran to the faculty room to use the women's restroom and it was being cleaned. ARGH! I stood there, totally unsure of what to do. Should I pee my pants (sorry, but true) or use the men's room. I have this bizarre aversion to the men's room. It feels extra dirty to me. Can you believe I said that? That sounds so discriminatory. I bucked up and used the men's room and then felt icky for the rest of the day.

Am I alone in this weirdness?

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya! The faculty bathroom upstairs is unisex and I get the same feeling. If only there were seat protectors...I have seriously thought of investing. Does that make me neurotic? Germ-a-phob? Either way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not alone! I feel exactly the same way and i remember being in the same situation as you were before and just faced the 'men's room' at school. But yes... so gross. SO GROSS. That's why I hate public same sex restrooms too. YUCK. Men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact some way. Just the thought of them having to stand and aim grosses me out. I always think there is pee all over the seat, because lets be honest... there are a LOT of men that can not aim. So it is not just you, I think every woman feels that way, or at least most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I have to use the bathroom at work, I ALWAYS clean the toilet seat and the front of the bowl BEFORE I go... I know that I am wierd, but you NEVER know what germs may be lerking... Especially if a man has used it and has stood up to pee... Can you say SPLASHIES? EEEEEEWWWWW! I am with you on that Sister!

    ReplyDelete