Here are a few of the funny things I have been told at work today.
I love first graders. They're entertaining.
Student: “Guess what, Mrs. Adams.”
Me: “What.”
Student: “Even though you’re not a little kid, Jesus still loves you.”
Me: “Thanks!”
One of my students walked up to me and said “My dad is 62 years old and his mom is only 53. That’s really old, huh?” I just nodded wondering how the mom could be 9 years younger than her son. I’ve seen the dad and I’m pretty sure he is 62. Hmmm….
Student: “My grandpa had a brain attack.”
Me: “What? What is that? Do you mean a heart attack?"
Student: "No. A brain attack."
Me: "I don't really know what that is."
Student: “Well, he thought of something and his brain attacked him and he died.”
Me: “Wow. That’s really sad. I’m so sorry to hear that.”
Student: “I know. It’s rare that brains attack, but it happens.”
Student (sharing with the entire class): “I had a really bad spring break because I had a wart on my elbow and they frost bited it off.” Then she ripped off her band-aid and showed everyone her nasty "frost bited" site.
As a whole class, we were playing a math bingo game. The game was about place value and I had warned the students several times about not switching numbers if they heard one called. I watched a little boy switch 94 to 49 so he could cover up the number. I got close to him and said “Switching numbers is cheating. Please don’t cheat”. He looked up at me and his reply to me was “I’m not cheating. I’m just making it easier for me to win”.
Such great stories!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAH These are HILARIOUS!!!! :) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete