Okay folks... here goes nothing.
Daily blogging.
You may only get the mundane day to day stuff that goes on with us, but at least Ken's family (who are mostly out of state) and our friends will know what's going on with us.
Tonight, Ken is working so I decided to make a trip to Satan's Warehouse alone. I've had my eye on some really large candlesticks for a while now. I showed them to Ken when we were there last week. He didn't love them or hate them. I, however, really liked them.
Ken and I decided that if I just happened to kind of sort of somehow bring them home one day (like tonight) that we'd put them in the kitchen.
Here is our china cabinet. It's centered on a smaller wall and is the perfect little spot for Tank's food and water.
I don't mind seeing the food and water all of the time,
but it's not very decorative.
So, I put Tank's stuff on the other side of the china cabinet.
I put the new candlesticks (yep, I kind of sort of somehow bought them) and candles where Tank's food and water used to be.
Well, what do you think?
Before
After
Is it too junky looking? Ken is still at work. We'll see what he thinks when he gets home. I'm not 100% sold on the colors of the candles so I left the wrappers on just in case I want to go exchange them for something different. I like the change. It seems a little weird to look into the kitchen and see candlesticks but I kind of like it. And one more good thing... Tank has already found the new location of his food and water. Whew!

Those are awesome candlesticks. I love them and you were not kidding when you said you had your eye on "really large" candlesticks....have you seen "so I married an axe murderer"?
ReplyDeleteI love the candlesticks and the color of the candles. I went to Hobby Lobby for the first time last week. It's now on my top 5 list of favorite stores--right up there with Target.
ReplyDelete