Sunday, April 3, 2011

3/365 - Free Sunday...

Today is "Free Sunday", as we call it. Ken and I are sitting here watching the morning session of the LDS General Conference. It's "free" because we have nowhere to go and nothing to do. It's pretty fantastic. I'm all for having weekly church this way. We're both sitting here in our PJ's with extreme bed head, sipping on our own favorite elixirs of life while snacking on nutritious, energy giving food. Don't worry... breakfast will come later.


However, I was VERY unhappy when I woke up this morning and looked outside in our backyard and saw this...




Dislike! I know, I know... welcome to spring in Utah. I've lived here long enough to know what to expect. But yesterday it was a beautiful 68 degrees and now, it is currently 34 degrees. I think that's just cruel. Oh well. At least Ken and I don't have anywhere to go today, and there is a little additional joy in my heart because there is only one week of school left until spring break. One week from now I will have unexplainable happiness in my soul knowing I have one whole child free/work free week. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. 'Church in your pajamas' rocks!! Karley got a little tripped up on the phrase this go round...she thought we were literally going to the church in our pajamas. And that was after it was all said and done! However you refer to it...General Conference will always be a favorite around our house.

    ReplyDelete