Sadly, Ken and I have a new favorite treat we keep in the house. It's smores bars. They're easy, and there's no "real" recipe. You just throw a bunch of stuff together. Sometimes those recipes are the best kind! We'll make up a pan of them, keep them on top of the stove, and munch on them until they're gone (which isn't very long), and then make more. It's a horrible habit, I know. But sometimes you just have to have something sweet and crunchy on hand.
Here's what you need...
1 16 oz. size box of Golden Grahams
2 16 oz. bags of mini marshmallows
(I use 2 bags because we like them really gooey)
1 stick of butter
(Ken likes more butter in it though)
1 bag of chocolate chips
(we prefer semi-sweet)
vanilla
It's just like making Rice Krispy Treats... melt the butter along with 1 1/2 bags of the marshmallows. I put in a few tablespoons of vanilla - honestly, I just glug some in. Once that is melted, stir in the entire box of Golden Grahams. Let it cool for a couple of minutes (so the marshmallows and chocolate chips don't completely melt) and add in the remaining half a bag of marshmallows and the bag of chocolate chips. Stir it all together and then press it all into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Seriously, delicious!
I made a new batch when Ken was at work last night. I made sure to keep a little out for myself so that I could eat it when it was all warm and gooey. Yum, yum, yum!
I remember when you made these for Easter one time and they were sooooo good. I forgot about them, but will be making them this week!! Oh, and what a lovely pan:)
ReplyDeleteYUM!! I am seriously contemplating going out and getting the stuff after dinner so we can enjoy some tonight. This couldn't have come at a better time!
ReplyDelete