Monday, April 18, 2011

18/365 - Spring Break Projects...

Other than spending 3 ridiculous days trying to get the dryer fixed, we did a few other things around the house over the break. The doorbell hasn't worked since the house flooded in 2009. I've actually enjoyed not having a doorbell, but it's been inconvenient too. Ken took it upon himself to install a new one. Yeah, it lights up red when you push it. We spare no expense. Here's Ken's demo...



The box is under the table. 
And if you know Ken at all, you know it has the Westminster chime for the sound.


We also decided to clean some carpet.
All of the furniture in the t.v. room lived in the front room for 2 days. It drove me absolutely crazy but I'm glad the carpet is clean.




Here's Ken cleaning the carpet.
He loves the carpet cleaner and Shark Steamer. Go figure!
(Believe me, I'm not complaining!)


And what was I doing?
Sitting in the recliner surfing the web.


Don't worry... this is what Ken was doing while I was taking my carpet cleaning shift. I'm assuming he's playing Angry Birds.


 Ken and I also went flower shopping and bought round one of flowers. There will be many, many more rounds of flower shopping. We agreed on flowers and colors. I planted them on Saturday while Ken was at work.



I have to be honest... I'm glad to be back in my routine, but really enjoyed my time off! It was good to see my cute first graders this morning, however. I miss them when we have breaks. But, I'm already ready for another break. Is that sad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment