So, I don't really think I was very cool growing up. I grew up on a street of all boys. No joke. There was not a girl to play with until I got a little older. I wasn't the typical "girly" girl. I didn't play with dolls but I did have a few things that made me cool.
I had Fashion Plates. They were cool! You snap it all into place, rub the sideways crayon thingy and then flip the plates over to add texture. Fantastic! I'm kind of missing them right now...
I also had a Mr. Mouth. I loved flipping the chips into Mr. Mouth. I don't remember it looking THIS scary though, but that's exactly what he looked like.
Anyone who was anyone had a Trapper Keeper. I had this exact same rainbow/heart one. These days, the rainbow/heart have an entirely different meaning!
I'll tell you one thing I DIDN'T have... clogs!
I would have been much cooler with clogs. These ugly little clogs were all the rage but I have no arch in my feet (fun fact!) and my mom wouldn't let me wear them. I remember being so mad about it too. All of the cool girls had clogs. The shoes made really loud noises in the hallways at school. I had noise envy.
I had other cool things too.
These are just some of my fondest.
I wonder where they all ended up?





I love that you thought of this! I wonder if I was cool? I better think back in time and decide. ;)
ReplyDeleteFashion plates...I spent many an hour with those. And totally had the same Trapper Keeper. No clogs either...but I did have a lavender Unicorn Club polo-style shirt that made me oh so cool!
ReplyDeleteMy older sister had those exact same fashion plates!!! I loved them!
ReplyDelete